Saturday, April 4, 2009

Getting Back On The Horse

The funny thing about sayings is that no matter how trite and overused they can be, they can still prove very true. Today, I'm trying for the 400th time to get back on the proverbial horse. Now, I don't particularly like horses. I don't like riding them, I don't like interacting with them, I don't even particularly like looking at them. They are beautiful, I freely admit that, but if I had a choice between watching a horse and, say, a pack of healthy predator animals in the middle of a hunt, big cats, wolves, sharks, whatever, I'm going to pick the predator animals. Actually, most any animals. I don't really like horses.

I think that's what I'm feeling about today, too. I've gotten into a slump, yet again, and am trying to get back into the habit of getting legitimate work done, a task which grows considerably more and more difficult as time goes on. Even checking my email is difficult now. I've spent so long avoiding doing it, that I don't even want to look at it, let alone the myriad errands and other such work I actually need to do to get back in the game.

Sometimes I worry that I'm not a truly functional person. I worry that the moment I get off track, I slip far more than any normal person. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but that's kind of how I feel right now. On the upside, I know what I need to do to keep myself focused. I just need to be more dedicated. Starting now. Now. 123now.

Or tomorrow...

-Rachael

1 comment:

  1. I like. The horses, and the "123now"...


    very witty. Post more.

    ReplyDelete